Monday 31 May 2010

What is a dream ...




One of the hardest things for me when I am crafting is matching colours so I grab inspiration for colours where I can. Crafty Lou ( check out her fab blog, in my side bar )had used this combo of colours on a recent project and they are two colours I would never have thought to put together but I love them and will use them again.
The cardstock used here is SU " taken with teal" and " real red ". Stamp is Mo Manning, end of Summer which I`ve had for a while but not used yet, coloured with distress inks - tattered rose, faded jeans, brushed corduroy, barn door, peeled paint and spiced marmalade. the paper is Daisy Bucket ( a favourite of mine ) the swirls were cut from the cricut calligraphy cartridge.




The poem is one I found a long while ago by Catherine Drummond. I have a little book which I jot down verses and prose in when I come across one I take a fancy to. The girl on the stamp looks like she`s away with the fairies dreaming ( like me most days, lol ! )so I thought the poem fit.
Well, that`s enough dreaming for me, back to reality and a pile of ironing !*sigh*
bye for now xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sara, I love this card. The image is fab & great idea to use a poem. Love the colour combo, very striking.
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Sara, such a pretty card and love the poem.
    What a great idea with the scallop/circle,gorgeous colouring and colours.
    Just finished my ironing did craft first as don't like to iron in the day,love the names of the distress inks.
    see you soon,hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card sara and the colours do look great together and the verse is lovely.
    louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sara
    such a fantastic idea, you really are brilliant, love your work so so much.
    hugs chris xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated :)