Monday 14 February 2011

Thanks for Your Support !


This is a card I made to give to the vets and staff at the veterinary clinic where I have been taking my cats for the last 7 years. Unfortunately I recently lost my Freya who was the grand old age of 22, she had a long and healthy life and in her last days the vets and staff were so kind and supportive not just to Freya but to me as well, showing great compassion and thoughtfulness ,so I wanted to make them a card to thank them for their care.



The stamp is a favourite of mine, " Uplifting Occasion " by Penny black, I have stamped it several times and decoupaged it to give a 3D effect and `lift` it off the page ! The image is water coloured with distress inks.
The background papers are both sides of Imaginisce - Fairest of them all - Enchanted Garden. The punch is Ash branch L-Em from Sir Stampalot and I`ve just used a paper piercing tool to give a stitched effect round the edges.

I have been suffering a bit with depression lately, it didn`t help loosing my best furry friend of the last 22 years, but through crafting I have met and made some wonderful friends who have helped enormously to cheer me up and I`d like to take this opportunity to thank them whole heartedly for including me in their outings and gatherings lately. Crafting has really been a life line for me and has helped me on the road to recovery, so thank you all and thank you again to everyone who has visited and commented on my blog.

Bye for now and happy crafting xx

5 comments:

  1. Oh Sara your card is beautiful. I love this image & I'm sure the vets will love it too.
    I agree whole~heartedly with you about the lovely friends made through crafting, they are priceless.
    Hope to see you & Louise on Friday
    Big HUGZ Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara this is stunning love the soft colours you have used,hope you are feeling better now you looked a bit off it on Saturday.
    Take care Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hun your card is amazing.
    your coloring and the way you have put everything together is so beautiful. the 3-D effect is very cute with that bra :-)
    thanks for seeing me today.
    hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Sara this ia totally gorgeous,i really love the colours/papers and such a lovely image!!
    Just amazing with the decoupage and i am sure it will be so loved.
    Ooh yes can't beat a lovely chat with friends and the craft is a bonus,see you soon.
    hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Sara, love how you've decoupaged the stamp!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated :)