Thursday 18 August 2011

A real Hoot !!



I am so chuffed with the way this card turned out, I have had so much trouble with brayering backgrounds in the past I always got lines, thanks to some fab demo`s by Tracey Dutton of Lavinia stamps at Stamperama on sunday I FINALLY got it sussed ! I love Tracey`s work and watching how easy she makes it all look!
After having a play with my new stamps and brayer it actually is a lot easier than I thought, it just takes a bit of practise.
I have used Big and Juicy pad - Spice for the brayered background in this card and versafine Onyx Black to stamp with, the moon/sun was created with a mask throught a post it note ( good ol` post it`s, where would we be without them !)and I`ve just added glitter for an extra bit of zing, I can`t do a card without glitter LOL!

I had a FAB day on sunday, it was a lot more relaxed than the NEC, people demonstrating have more time to chat and show you things one on one as there are less stands. I picked up some great bargain stamps and found a great supplier of charms - Meiflower , who only charge 99p p&p on their website. I will definately be going back to Stamperama next year.

Now I have to get busy, got some more samples to do for Kay, thanks for looking in, bye for now and happy crafting xx

3 comments:

  1. wow this is really lovely the brayering is brilliant well done take care love Dorothy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card Sara, your brayering looks fantastic ~ A great scene
    HUGZ Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card sara you have definetly got the hang of brayering
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated :)