Wednesday 2 January 2013

A Thank You card



Firstly, Happy New Year, let`s hope it`s a good one for us all !!
Here`s my first card of 2013, my New Years resolution this year is to be more organized, have you all made resolutions for this year?


Here is a thank you card I have made for Janice and Andy at Sir Stampalot.
I had such a lovely day a couple of Sundays ago getting together with a bunch of great ladies (and one gentleman!) crafting and having a blast over at Sir Stampalot for a pre-Christmas get together. We don`t all manage to get together often but when we do it`s always a super fun day with lots of laughs and I always enjoy the day and don`t want it to end.


It`s a shadow box easel card and I`ve used MS punch-around-the-page set - Cherished,
magnolia Tilda stamp coloured with distress inks and markers, Cloud and flag and grass Magnolia Doo Hickey dies, Molly Blooms bunting - paper pieced with magnolia papers and the "rainbow" was also created using scraps of Magnolia papers, I just drew several curves with the aid of a compass and pieced them together to look like the arch of a rainbow. WOC and hobby house flowers, SU cut `n` emboss butterflies, hobby house adhesive pearls and a bit of ribbon from my stash. All (apart from the SU butterflies) available from Sir Stampalot.


I`ve given Tilda`s crown and wand a bit of bling using glamour dust but I don`t think it shows up on the photo, it was very overcast and foggy when I took the photo not ideal light for piccies but waiting for a clear sunny day here could take forever LOL!!


The sentiment is a Magnolia stamp too.

Thanks for looking in, I`m off to town today for my first venture into the sales, I hate crowds and try to avoid them at all costs but I`m out of some essential craft supplies so I`m just hoping my local craft shop Heidi`s is open today !

Bye for now and happy crafting xx

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Sara,I love the rainbow.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara, I think this is a fabulous idea and you have executed it brilliantly. I really love it ! Love Mel xxx PS I think its our Thursday at Stampalot next week if your about. And Chrissy is on TV tomorrow a 2pm. See ya. love Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated :)