Wednesday 30 January 2013

Poppy Tilda


Here is the new Poppy Tilda available now at Sir Stampalot she`s a real cutie and I just had to get her inked and coloured as soon as I got my hands on her yesterday!
I`ve coloured her with distress inks and markers and added a bit of stickles - icicle to the middle of the poppy and some of the flowers.
The background papers are all Magnolia as is the Doo Hickey Doily die.
Flowers are Hobby House, leaves are Nellie Snellen medium punch `n` emboss and the foliage punch is Ash Branch, all products available at Sir Stampalot.

Well I`ve been crafting up a storm today getting samples ready for Sir Stampalot and re doing some samples for Hougie Crafts as the last lot got ruined after a tea related accident on my desk a couple of days ago. I can laugh about it now but I was not a happy camper at the time. I had just finished the samples and was reaching for my camera to take some piccies when I jogged the shelf that the glass jar I use to hold water for painting was sitting on, it fell straight onto a fresh mug of tea which was sitting on the corner of my desk, split the mug into a million pieces and threw tea all over my desk! That was bad enough but as I was desperately trying to rescue all the samples which were gleefully soaking up my tea I realized that tea was seeping down the side of my desk where I keep all my large cardstock for box making. I had to pull out my drawer which holds my wood mounted stamps to clean up the tea spill,and as I did the leg on it broke and tipped the whole thing over which had my acrylic trays resting on top. I tried to grab them from spilling all over the floor and the sharp edge of the tray cut my finger open! I tell you it was like something out of a Mr Bean movie! If I had been watching this debacle unfold I probably would have been on the floor in stitches but I was steaming mad at the time!! So I now have a wonky drawer unit, a badly cut finger, a large pile of A2 size soggy cardstock and no samples to show for an entire days work! That will be the last time I have a cup of tea at my craft desk !! and it broke my favourite mug too! Ever had a bad day?

Well on that note I`ll sign off and go and have a well earned cuppa (away from my craft desk !) bye for now and happy crafting xx

7 comments:

  1. Love this card - you always inspire us all. Hope to catch up soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's stunning Sara, what a fab card, love it.

    Sorry to hear about your adventure in the craft room, it did make me laugh though :)

    - janicex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous card I am loving the pink and the pretty ribbon detail,hope your craft area is all back to normal now.
    Hugs louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh crikey Sara - what are you like!! err me (my nickname as a kid was Calamity Jane)
    You have created a beautiful card.
    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful card and totally heartbreaking story, that must have been like watching a horror movie. Maybe a wee shopping trip for replacements to cheer you up might be an idea?

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is lush. I love the colours you have given her - Delish :-D Jen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!Oh that is a really bad day and would feel just the same Sara.Your card is very pretty and she is such a sweet Tilda.
    hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated :)