Monday 11 March 2013

Mother`s Day

I`m back with a card I made for my Mum for Mother`s Day. She loves flowers and isn`t really into cute images so this was ideal for her and she loved it.
I`d like to enter this into the latest Cupcake Craft Challenge, this time around they want to see the sentiment as the main focus on your card.



I used Martha Stewart Punch around the page eyelet lace (my favourite) for the border and the circle doily. K&Co Water Colour Bouquet paper and a Clarity Stamp sentiment.



The flowers are mainly WOC with a few from hobby house and the little butterflies I`ve had almost since I started crafting! LOL, I had a huge pack of them and they`ve lasted years! The large flower was made from Tim Holtz - Tattered Florals die with a DoCrafts V&A brad for the middle. I`ve added a bit of Stickles - Diamond to the sentiment edge and a few of the flowers too. The stick pin is from Sir Stampalot (sorry can`t remember the brand)....
I also made a little box to match as an extra present, filled with her favourite Lindor chocolates.



The box is from a tutorial here and was great fun to make.



I must admit, the box of Lindor sat on my craft desk for a full 24 hours before I gave them to my Mum and I showed great restraint in not eating them as they are my faves too, but she did let me have one after she received them! (She is the best Mum)



Well, I`m going to have another crafting day today, we woke up to a white world this morning which was a surprise, I thought we were done with the snow for this year. So what better weather to stay indoors and craft! (any excuse LOL).
Thanks for looking in, bye for now, stay warm and happy crafting xxx

6 comments:

  1. Hi! really pretty card,love the special words Sara and the flowers look lovely.The little box is just gorgeous too.
    Really can't wait for it to be warmer and sunny :))
    hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, dear Sara I wanted to thank you so much for your encouraging words and compliments you left me on my blog. It was so nice to read and made me feel so much better. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.
    Your new card and the lovely basket is absolutely beautiful! I love how the design papers match wonderful the season, so much work and love you have put it to make all this!

    hugs and hope you have a great week.
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet your mum loved this Sara
    Hugs louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous card Sara, the box is fantastic!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Cupcake Craft Challenges this week.

    Love
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous set, Sara! Such a beautiful sentiment and your layout and embellishments are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work, thanks for joining in with our "only Words" challenge this week at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated :)