Tuesday 26 March 2013

The Charleston

Here is one of my new LOTV stamps purchased from the NEC last Thursday. It was a great day out but really tiring and my poor legs are still recovering! but it was worth the pain to see all those lovely crafty goodies under one roof!!



As this image had a vintage feel to it I tried to do it justice with just sepia tones which was a huge challenge for me. I`ve coloured with distress inks using a limited palette of just Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Walnut Stain, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo. This was my first attempt at sepia and I`m kind of happy with it, but methinks I still need practice with this technique!!



The papers are also LOTV - NitWit Collections - Country Lady, and I am so glad you get four of each paper in this pad as I think they are my new favourites, they are so beautiful and lovely quality too.
I`ve also used A bit of vintage lace, flowers are from Hobby House and made using the Tim Holtz - Tattered Pinecone die, LOTV sentiment and a couple of white feathers from my stash which I ran through some coloured chalk dust to take some of the whiteness away.
I also added some Mei Flower pearls and liquid pearls in Platinum to her dress and a bit of glossy accents to the gramophone record.

It has actually been a lovely sunny day here today which is a change from all the snow we`ve had lately so I`m making the most of it and catching up with getting some cards photographed while the sun is still shining!
Thanks for looking in, bye for now and happy crafting xxx

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Sara I love the sepia look and the little lace detail,I have this pad and agree it is totally yummy.Sounds like you had a great time at the Nec and I love the new stamp you have got.
    Hugs Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Sara, I love the image, but my oh my I love your choice of colours - simply stunning!
    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers this is divine! I love the sepia style <3 Jen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sara, my dear.. what a lovely card.
    the sepia look to color looks so hard to do.
    How do you rate the difficulty?

    thanks for also talking about the watercolor paper awwwwhhhh!!! I think i really need it :-)
    why cant we get that here in the USA???!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated :)