Tuesday 15 May 2012

Tree of Luck

This is another sample I`ve done for Sir Stampalot using a background stamp from the new Magnolia Tilda range. This is the Japanese tree of Luck and to be honest I had a bit of trouble deciding how this should be coloured as I could find no reference to a Japanese tree of luck at all, the nearest I found was a Japanese maple which some Japanese people use as a symbol of luck but there is no official "tree of luck " as near as I can tell, so I don`t know what the designer had in mind with this one. I thought the little Tilda Geisha went really well with this one so I add her and coloured both images with distress inks and added a bit of Stickles - Diamond for added sparkle . The little butterfly is also from Magnolia.
The aperture was cut using Nesties Circle and Scallop Circle dies and the flourish is a Sizzix extended cuts - "Swirly" die. The background paper is from the new Magnolia collection too and the flower is from Hobby House also available at Sir Stampalot .... We`ve had a bit of a downpour this morning, honestly if this weather keeps up I`m going to start building an Ark !! but the sun has decided to come out now so I may venture outside this afternoon. Thanks for looking in, bye for now and happy crafting xx

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous card! hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful aperture card Sara and I love your colouring of two gorgeous Magnolia images!
    Hope you are well
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated :)